• Daily opened from 11:00 - 17:00 hr    
Nederlands English

Lighthouse Huisduinen

Huisduinen is known that before 1636 it already had wood and coal fire for the purpose of supervision of shipping. On October 29, 1822 the first and only defensible lighthouse at fortress Kijkduin is put into operation. The lighthouses weight creates cracks in the fortress so they had to find another location. On April 1, 1878 is the current cast iron lighthouse ‘’de lange Jaap’’ commissioned and the lighthouse at fortress Kijkduin was demolished.

 

 

Powered by: WebBuro WebBuro